INNOVATIVE SCHOOLS FOR THE UNDERPRIVILEGED CHILDREN - Ongoing Project
Our overall objective is to have a good primary education system which has several components
1. There should be very good Teaching-learning and all round development activities going on with the children
2. The teachers should be empowered and enjoying the process
3. The community should be involved
4. The local govt should be involved
5. Advocacy at all levels to push towards the adoption of NCF 2005 curriculum.
A. Continue to run our own experimental schools as laboratories. Here we shall try out new contents and methods. Once these are successful , we shall try to spread them into other schools
B. Continue to work with willing govt schools of our area ( in North 24 Parganas ) and in other districts through other NGOs. We shall also work with NGO run schools. The idea is to make a visible number of schools into high quality models.
C. Influence as many teachers and their unions to give more though
NORTH 24 PARGANAS, West Bengal
Funding Duration: April 2014 to March 2015
Total Budget: Rs.868,350
Funding Requested: Rs.582,800
Contribution by Organisation: Rs. 285,550
1. Children achieve basic competencies in Language & Math
2. Children develop physically, aesthetically and culturally
3. Children exhibit democratic habits
4. Appropriate methods being tried out by teachers
5. Parents involve in school meetings and teaching learning workshops
1. 100% teaching methods by using TLM and other pedagogic tools and innovative methods taught .
2. 80 % of children of Class IV can read with comprehension from a daily newspaper and also write on their own.
3. 75% of Parents will show initiatives in meeting & TLM workshop.
4. 2 Gram Panchayat will actively participate in planning and implementing quality improvement measures for their primary schools
I certify that the information in this proposal is true and complete to the best of my knowledge.
I also certify that the organization and I will abide by the terms and conditions of the
grant/fund as established by granter/funder. I further certify that all received funds/grants
will be used exclusively for the purpose stated in this proposal unless I normally request and
receive prior authorization from funder for any changes. Further, I understand that if the
funding is granted for the project described above it will be for an initial period of ONE year
and can be extended, if necessary, by renewing the proposal. Also, regular status reports on the
project will be provided by the organization to funder for the duration of the
Aug. 31, 2013
80G Number: DIT(E)/114/8E/171/90-91
35AC Number: N.A.
FCRA Number: 147110269
Number of paid staff: 65
Annual Budget: Rs.8,900,000
Key Foundation Funders for last 3 years: Share & Care foundation,USA VIBHA,USA AID BAY AREA,USA GLRA- GF Round 9 TB Project,
Search and experiment with alternatives in some specific development subjects. If successful, try to spread the models as widely as possible through various means.
|State||District||Number of Villages|
|WEST BENGAL||NORTH 24 PARGANAS, NADIA||110|
|State||City||Number of Slums|